September 19, 2014
1. Healthcare – Affordable healthcare act? Only a minuscule portion of the uninsured population has received coverage they didn’t have (and mostly didn’t want) before ACA, and many of those now covered have insurance that is equivalent to Medicaid. Most independent physicians will not accept this paltry reimbursement, so will not enroll. Sum total, failure
2. Foreign policy – Ukraine, loss of Crimea, impending loss of the eastern 1/3 of the country, and with puny economic sanctions as Obama’s response? Syrians still killing one another. Genocide in the African desert. Taliban biding their time through the Afghan “elections” and they will once again ravage the country, reinstall Sharia law, and foment terrorists abroad. Egypt an economic and political mess, the Palestinian question no closer to resolution, Iran reactors centrifuging and purifying and lying and our weakness in this affair emboldening Iran to send a leader of the 1980 embassy hostage fiasco to represent them at the UN? Sum total, failure.
3. Domestic – Given Obama’s sticky sweet relationship with Hollywood, he clearly still shines there, dancing and singing and ‘selfing’ with the stars. Isn’t that so clever of this president? So much talent to entertain. While the economy continues its 6th year of slogging along, adding few higher paying jobs, then he laments the wage gap between the top 2% and the rest of society. About the only good news is the lack of an illegal immigrant policy – good because we no longer need one. The desire to find a job in US has lost its appeal. Mexico is looking a whole lot more respectable. Sum total, failure, but with a song.
4. Energy – Thanks to the aggressive natural gas exploration by private companies, we enjoy the distinction of now being an energy exporter, no thanks to Obama and his attempts to over regulate the industry and encourage higher prices.
5. Global warming – Words, words, words. Observation and no action. …dismal Failure.