Open letter to the Republican Party….
March 29, 2016
- I understand the need to pander to the religious right, especially during the primary season, but let’s make sure we have a solidly right/centrist candidate for the general election – Mitt Romney where are you? Let’s not embarrass ourselves with a cretin like Trump or Cruz.
- Can you please forget Obamacare? It’s here to stay and it makes all Republicans look petty and desperate with these efforts to repeal. There is no way legislation would successfully override a presidential veto, so it’s all window dressing.
- Likewise window dressing is the stance on debt with this menace, the monthly debt crisis – get things squared away after a Republican is in the White House.
- Gun Control – Let’s pull away from the NRA finally and ensure that assault weapons are banned. Sure they are plenty fun to shoot, but remember the Ford Pinto was pulled off the market? It was fun to drive but turned into an inferno when rear ended.
- Abortion – I’ts here to stay. It’s a protection afforded by the Supreme Court. Let it go—see #2
- Fiscal Responsibility – Definitely, Liberal spending must stop.
- Defense – Absolutely necessary to have a strong mobile force.
- The country, nah the world, needs measures to control population growth – the poor in this country are often ill-prepared to have more babies – Planned parenthood is the best tool to assist them in more thoughtful family development. Stop efforts to defund Planned Parenthood – again makes the party look stupid and totally alienates the left.
- Climate Change – WAKE UP REPUBLICANS – it’s occurring – only a few loony bin pseudo scientists reject – let’s admit to global warming, regardless of the cause. To deny is to look like a Monkey’s Ass